Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taoism

I learned a lot this last week about Taoism and the beliefs that Taoists have. There are some things I agree with and some things I disagree with. Some of the things I like/ agree with in Taoism the the lack of stress and peace. I don't think people should just go out and get into a fight just because they feel like it or because someone made them mad; its not right. One of the things I don't like/ disagree with in Taoism is the concept of the Yin Yang. I believe as a Christian that there is a distinct line between good and evil. The Yin Yang shows that good and evil mix with each other. There is a little bit of good in evil and a little bit of evil in good. Isaiah 5:20 says, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." This shows the concept of the mixing of the good and evil in the yin yang does not fit with the Christian view.

No comments: